[ltp] Microphone input on T61p

Fri, 27 Feb 2009 17:54:11 +0100

--=-EqZCGjVj2svkXKdauZm7

Hei,

after having quite a bit of trouble getting my sound to work at all on
initial installation of Gentoo on my T61p, i still have big trouble with
the input.

So far i managed to get the input from the internal microphone fed back
to the speakers...but it seems applications don't really pick up the
microphone input.

When going through the mixer settings (gnome, alsamixer), i'm getting
horribly confused by the sheer amount of input devices...like "Mic",
"Internal Mix", "Capture 1", "Capture 2" and so on.

Did anyone get a clear view on this and is able to share that with me,
please?

Kernel is 2.6.27.

Thanks,
Andre.