[ltp] Microphone input on T61p

Fri, 27 Feb 2009 17:52:30 +0000

André Wyrwa wrote:
> Hei,
>
> after having quite a bit of trouble getting my sound to work at all on
> initial installation of Gentoo on my T61p, i still have big trouble with
> the input.
>
> So far i managed to get the input from the internal microphone fed back
> to the speakers...but it seems applications don't really pick up the
> microphone input.

If it's anything like the A22p, the configuration is indeed stupid.
See: http://www.richardneill.org/a22p-mdk11-0.php#sound

or try running:

amixer sset 'Mic Boost (+20dB)' on	#Enable the Mic boost
amixer sset 'Mic' mute			#Mute the Mic
amixer sset 'Mic' cap			#Set the Recording source to Mic
amixer sset 'Capture' cap		#Set the Capture device to record
amixer sset 'ADC' cap			#Set the ADC to record

HTH,

Richard