[ltp] Summary: Netbook. Looking for THE machine

Rei Shinozuka linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 28 Feb 2009 13:06:47 -0500

i just took delivery of a mini9 with ubuntu.  i am very impressed.
i opted for the 8gb drive, it's about 20% full after i loaded a
couple of packages like thunderbird and open ssh.

the hardware feels quite substantial and it's remarkably small: about
3/4 the size of my x31.  the trackpad has that little feature where
the left side acts like a scroll wheel (not documented but there).

the size and price are certainly right.

-rei