[ltp] Re: Set-up for an x301?

Joerg Bruehe linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 05 Jan 2009 21:47:12 +0100

Hi !

Per Dalgas Jakobsen wrote:
> [[...]]
>=20
> After reading many opinions, I have decided to use Ext3 with:
> "Tweak #2: Use the 'noop' I/O scheduler."
> "Tweak #3: Change the file system mount options on SSDs to 'noatime'."

Linux supports "relatime", which sets the access time if it is newer
than last modification (first read since last write) but doesn't modify
it in other cases.

To me, this seems to be a good compromise to avoid huge numbers of inode
modifications but still note that the new file contents was read.

Happy New Year,
J=F6rg

--=20
Joerg Bruehe  - persoenliche Aeusserung / speaking only for himself
mailto:joerg.bruehe@web.de