[ltp] Re: Set-up for an x301?

Per Dalgas Jakobsen linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 05 Jan 2009 22:05:00 +0100

On Mon, 2009-01-05 at 21:47 +0100, Joerg Bruehe wrote:
> Linux supports "relatime", which sets the access time if it is newer
> than last modification (first read since last write) but doesn't modify
> it in other cases.
>
> To me, this seems to be a good compromise to avoid huge numbers of
> inode
> modifications but still note that the new file contents was read.

"relative atime only updates the atime if the previous atime is older
than the mtime or ctime. Like noatime, but useful for applications like
mutt that need to know when a file has been read since it was last
modified." - from http://kerneltrap.org/node/14148

Good point - I will use "relatime" instead of "noatime".

Thanks!

~Per