Lock during resume (was Re: [ltp] WARNING: Disable (remove) all TPM drivers before suspend)

Chris Schumann linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 05 Jan 2009 15:49:50 -0600

Matthias Runge wrote:
> Chris Schumann wrote:
>> Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
>>> This is a big fat warning to all ThinkPad users: do not suspend or resume
>>> with any of the TPM drivers loaded.  This goes triple for tpm-nsc,
>>> which I
>>> have verified to hard-crash 2.6.27 and 2.6.26 if you get conditions just
>>> right (on suspend).
>> Just barely reading the content on here, and not doing anything
>> experimental (just running F10, suffering without suspend because I have
>> an ATI video chip), if I did, say "lsmod | grep tpm" and got nothing, I
>> should be OK, right?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Chris
>>
> Hi,
>
> you may get suspend/resume working by appending "nomodeset" to your
> kernel command line.
>
> Matthias

Thank you for the suggestion. I am using nomodeset, but the display
still locks during resume. I can ssh in and reboot, however. I'm using
radeon for the driver (at least, I have radeon running in lsmod).

Chris