[ltp] T61: no power button key event when using evdev driver / HAL for keyboard configuration

Damjan linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 6 Jan 2009 01:40:01 +0100

> > > Seems to confirm this assumption. Is there already a respective bug
> > > report for HAL or xorg that I can use to track that issue?
> >
> > I don't know of any, and a quick search in http://bugs.freedesktop.org/
> > found nothing.  I don't think I understand this issue enough to file
> > one.  Are "button" devices supposed to be treated as keyboards by X.org?
>
> To clarify, on my laptop the power button is not listed among X.org's
> known input devices (xinput list), but when I press the power button, a
> logout dialog shows up on my GNOME desktop.
>
> I never wondered how that's implemented.  Perhaps an ACPI event?

lshal -m (I guess an ACPI event routet through HAL to userspace)

--
damjan | дамјан
This is my jabber ID -->         damjan@bagra.net.mk