[ltp] Optimal tp_smapi battery parameter values (T400)

Petr Praus linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 7 Jan 2009 12:14:01 +0100

I would advise against this value of start_charge_thresh - it's very
deep discharge and can, contrary to your intentions, shorten your
battery life. I've set it to 50 on my R61 which is OK in my opinion.
Concerning problem with forgotten settings on each reboot - that's
normal, just add "echo <n> > /sys/devices/platform/smapi/BAT0/..." to
/etc/rc.local (for Debian-based distros) or whatever similar file in
your distribution.

Peter