[ltp] hdaps with kernel 2.6.28 and Ubuntu

Mircea Gherzan linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 7 Jan 2009 13:15:43 +0200

Hello,

Michael Meese <pelennor@online.de> wrote:
> | # modprobe -a hdaps
> | WARNING: Error inserting hdaps
> (/lib/modules/2.6.28-4-generic/kernel/drivers/hwmon/hdaps.ko): No such
> device or address

The hdaps in the mainline kernel does not support many new thinkpads.

> I know I have to use the module "hdaps_ec" with Ubuntu kernelversion
> 2.6.27 instead "hdaps". But if I try to load the module "hdaps_ec" I
> get only an error, that this module isn't present:
>
> | # modprobe -a hdaps
> | WARNING: Error inserting hdaps
> (/lib/modules/2.6.28-4-generic/kernel/drivers/hwmon/hdaps.ko): No such
> device or address

Please post the result of `dmesg| tail` after trying to insert the
hdaps module bundled with tp_smapi. There's a chance you might need to
use the  parameter force_io=1.

--
Mircea Gherzan
Faculty of Automatic Control and Computers