[ltp] Re: Optimal tp_smapi battery parameter values (T400)

Christoph Bier linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 07 Jan 2009 12:54:28 +0100

Peter Jordan schrieb am 07.01.2009 09:02:

> Hello,
>
> I have a Lenovo T400 (6-cell-battery) with kernel 2.6.28 with latest
> tp_smapi and thinkpad_acpi patches on debian unstable.
>
> What are the optimal battery parameter values for extending battery life?

http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Maintenance#Battery_treatment

[...]

> Is it normal that i have to set this settings after each reboot of the
> system?

It depends. AFAIK you only need to set this settings after your
ThinkPad was completely removed from all power (AC and battery)
since those settings are saved on the EC.

Best
Christoph
--
+++ Typografie-Regeln: http://zvisionwelt.de/downloads.html (1.6)