[ltp] Optimal tp_smapi battery parameter values (T400)

Christian Fromme linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 7 Jan 2009 13:19:39 +0100

On 07.01. 12:14, Petr Praus wrote:
> I would advise against this value of start_charge_thresh - it's very
> deep discharge and can, contrary to your intentions, shorten your
> battery life. I've set it to 50 on my R61 which is OK in my opinion.
> Concerning problem with forgotten settings on each reboot - that's
> normal, just add "echo <n> > /sys/devices/platform/smapi/BAT0/..." to
> /etc/rc.local (for Debian-based distros) or whatever similar file in
> your distribution.

I would advice the usage of sysfsutils in Debian, which is more handy.
Just set up the config /etc/sysfs.conf like so (adapt to your needs):

        devices/platform/smapi/BAT0/start_charge_thresh=30
        devices/platform/smapi/BAT0/stop_charge_thresh=80

And settings will be set at each boot.

HTH,
Christian