[ltp] hdaps with kernel 2.6.28 and Ubuntu

Mircea Gherzan linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 8 Jan 2009 01:19:50 +0200

Michael Meese <pelennor@online.de> wrote:
> Oh! My mistake!! That was the wrong error message!! The correct
> errormesaage when loading the bundled hdaps_ec module is:
> | # modprobe -a hdaps_ec
> | WARNING: Module hdaps_ec not found.

That you should compile the _latest_ tp_smapi sources with the included
HDAPS driver. Installing will replace the hdaps.ko in your kernel with
the one compiled.

> | [ 6595.287774] hdaps: inverting axis readings.
> | [ 6595.287777] hdaps: LENOVO ThinkPad R61 detected.
> | [ 6595.287781] hdaps: driver init failed (ret=-6)!
>
> Hmmm... Does it mean my ThinkPad isn't supported yet?

After looking at the source, seems like your model is supported. The
error comes from a failed request_region() call: the buggy BIOS/ACPI
already reserved that range. I suggest you go for the hdaps driver
bundled with tp_smapi, eventually with the force_io=1 option specified.

--
Mircea Gherzan
Faculty of Automatic Control and Computers