[ltp] Hybrid HDD in X200s?

Mircea Gherzan linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 9 Jan 2009 21:06:00 +0200

Hi,

Christoph Bier <christoph.bier@web.de> wrote:
> inspired by the previous thread about the unload feature of a
> Seagate HDD I consulted Vista's information about the attributes of
> my HDD (ST9250827AS). There I can read that my HDD would be a hybrid
> HDD with 396 MB cache. But reading the Seagate homepage[1] I can't
> find anything about this big cache. What does this mean?

The cache size is 8MB, as stated by the spec.

Does TAPS/HDAPS work for you under Vista? More precisely, can you do
some sort of testing to check the feature? (I've erased Vista shortly
after the first boot in order to install Debian)

Thanks,

--
Mircea Gherzan
Faculty of Automatic Control and Computers