[ltp] Re: Hybrid HDD in X200s?

Mircea Gherzan linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 11 Jan 2009 22:46:05 +0200

Christoph Bier <christoph.bier@web.de> wrote:
> Under Linux: I saw it in a meeting. The guy was using a Zen kernel.

I've looked at the relevant source files within the Zen kernel (.28) and
there's no difference from the mainline in respect to the UNLOAD
FEATURE (ata.h and ide-probe.c). The checking is identical. The guy was
probably using a X200 with a different hard drive.

Please, could you run a vanilla 2.6.28 kernel and tell us if you get
the unload_heads exposed by sysfs? That would
be: /sys/block/sda/unload_heads . I'm thinking about the drive firmware
version.

Thanks,
Mircea

--
Mircea Gherzan
Faculty of Automatic Control and Computers