[ltp] Re: sysrescue cd in hidden partition booting with the thinkvantage-button

Stefan Monnier linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 11 Jan 2009 20:02:19 -0500

> i want install ubuntu 8.10 on my x61s, but bevor i start the
> installation i  search a possibility to start sysrescuecd rescuesystem
> ore a other linux rescuesystem with the thinkvantage  button.    is
> there anny possibility to doe this?

That's an interesting idea: replace Lenovo's Windows system rescue
(which is pretty inconvenient and inflexible) with a GNU/Linux
system rescue.

I don't know how to do that.  OTOH I personally use a "system resuce
USB flash drive" instead.  It doubles up as a plain flash drive to
exchange files, for the rare cases that I can't do it over a network, so
I simply always have it with me.

        Stefan