[ltp] sysrescue cd in hidden partition booting with the thinkvantage-button

Mon, 12 Jan 2009 23:25:27 +0000

Micha Feigin wrote:

> From experience of trying to restore the system from the rescue partition for
> warranty purposes

There is a good workaround here. Some repair centres won't accept the
machine back for repairs with a Linux install (others are quite good
about it), claiming that you must have a "supported OS". But many
corporates are pretty fussy about their data. The service centres will
understand if you say "Sorry, I'm not allowed to let the disk out of my
sight; will send the machine back to you without the disk at all".

Problem solved ;-)

Richard