[ltp] Re: IBM Thinkpad T60 (With Intel Graphics Card) All Movies Flicker

Wed, 14 Jan 2009 09:55:06 +0100

On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 15:58:30 +0200, Ahmad Amr wrote:
> Dear Tino,
>

> THANKS A LOT!!! That worked like a CHARM!! I've been searching the cause of
> this problem for over than 2 months!! Do you know how to solve this problem
> system-wide instead of only in MPlayer?

Use the intel driver 2.5.1 or newer. It has an option
"XvPreferOverlay", so a line like Option "XvPreferOverlay" "on" in the
device section of your xorg.conf will cause all applications to use
video overlay instead of textured video by default.

Regards,
Tino