[ltp] Windows/Super Key Mapping

Rob Smith linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 14 Jan 2009 23:40:43 -0600

------=_Part_29108_16717007.1231998044022

I've recently installed #!CrunchBang Linux on my X40 Thinkpad. This machine
does not have a Windows/Super key, and also does not have a Menu key. In
Windows, using an IBM applet, the mapping of the right Alt key could be
changed to pose as the Windows key. There are also two keys on either side
of the Up Arrow key.

Has anyone successfully mapped any of these alternatives to act in the same
manner as the Windows key? #!CrunchBang uses the Super key in coordination
with other key presses as a shortcut to applications like Xterm, Thunar,
GEdit and such.

--
Rob Smith