[ltp] T61 Brightness keys with 2.6.26 not working (NVIDIA)

tbart linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 15 Jan 2009 04:16:31 -0800 (PST)

Hi!
I have a t61p here with exactly the same problems.
Up until 2.6.25 everything worked flawlessly, without any userspace app
(acpid, hal etc)

I enabled the mentioned config options but it still does not work.
brightness control works as long as i do not load thinkpad_acpi or include
it into the kernel (although it tells me it disables native brightness
control anyway:

black_knight ~ # dmesg | grep thinkpad
thinkpad_acpi: ThinkPad ACPI Extras v0.21
thinkpad_acpi: http://ibm-acpi.sf.net/
thinkpad_acpi: ThinkPad BIOS 7LETB2WW (2.12 ), EC 7KHT24WW-1.08
thinkpad_acpi: Lenovo ThinkPad T61p, model 6457Y6P
thinkpad_acpi: radio switch found; radios are enabled
thinkpad_acpi: This ThinkPad has standard ACPI backlight brightness control,
supported by the ACPI video driver
thinkpad_acpi: Disabling thinkpad-acpi brightness events by default...
thinkpad_acpi: Lenovo BIOS switched to ACPI backlight control mode
thinkpad_acpi: standard ACPI backlight interface available, not loading
native one...

)

I however want to use thinkpad_acpi and have brightness control without a
userspace app (as Jens has)

It seems my ACPI video part does not really work, as both
/sys/class/backlight is emtpy and /proc/acpi/video is missing completely)

This is 2.6.27-gentoo-r7 (Jens, you also use gentoo, so I guess it can only
be some small mistake on my side)

my .config is at
http://www.rockbrew.com/var/config-2.6.27-gentoo-r7

any help is kindly appreciated!