[ltp] Thinkpad T60 Wireless LED on Ubuntu 8.10 (Intrepid Ibex)

Micha Feigin linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 17 Jan 2009 21:08:09 +0200

On Sat, 17 Jan 2009 14:55:28 +0200
Ahmad Amr <aamr@fcih.net> wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> Does anyone have an idea how to get the wireless LED working on Thinkpad T60
> on Ubuntu Intrepid Ibex?? I googled around a lot and didn't find any answer,
> hope to find one here, thanks!

What wireless card do you have in there (at least with the t61 there are three
different options).

lspci | grep Ethernet
should give you the answer.

At least with intel iwl4965 I had to compile the compatwireless drivers with
the led enabled. With madwifi and atheros it required setting sysctl variables

dev.wifi0.ledpin = 1
dev.wifi0.softled = 3

With ath5k I haven't managed to get it working with the in kernel drivers yet
and I'm currently on 2.6.29-rc so the compatwireless drivers don't compile so I
haven't delved into them at the moment