[ltp] battery questions

Sun, 18 Jan 2009 00:14:46 +0100

>>> IBM/Lenovo distributors in Spain are quite... "bad" (at least using
>>> on-line shopping).
>>>
>>> I'm searching a battery for a T-60. For example, I have found:
>>> http://www.batteriesshop.co.uk/ibm-thinkpad-t60.htm
>>>
>>> =C2=A3 45.5,, 50 Euros, 67 Dollars
>>>
>>> I cannot check if it's an official battery from IBM. Any experience
>>> using a non-official batteries? Same? Worse? Will explode? :-)
>> Why not buy one on eBay(.com/.co.uk)? The shipping to Spain can't be
>> *that* bad.
>
> well, same question: are these batteries reliable?
> I mean, should I really prefer to spend some time and money searching
> for a IBM/Lenovo original battery or I choose in some semi-random shop?

Here you go:

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/items/_W0QQ_dmptZUKQ5fComputingQ5fLaptopsAccessoriesQ=
5fLaptopBatteries?_nkw=3Dthinkpad+t60+battery&_sacat=3D0&_fromfsb=3D&_trksid=
=3Dm270.l1313&_odkw=3Dthinkpad+t60+battery&_osacat=3D0

171 results right now, at least *one* them has to reliable (and if =20
not, you can always reverse the PayPal charges). Other than that, you =20
can always buy straight from IBM/Lenovo if you really want to be sure.

And (no offense meant) I've never heard of fake or non-official laptop =20
batteries - that sounds like a niche of a niche. ;-)

Martin