[ltp] battery questions

Sun, 18 Jan 2009 7:40:19 -0800

---- Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <hmh@hmh.eng.br> wrote:
> On Sat, 17 Jan 2009, Carles Pina i Estany wrote:
> > I cannot check if it's an official battery from IBM. Any experience
> > using a non-official batteries? Same? Worse? Will explode? :-)
>
> If there a battery recall by ANY manufacturer, you have to junk it to
> be safe, as there won't be anyone tracking the pack and worried about
> your safety...
>
> Also, you're usually lied to when you buy these batteries (capacity,
> technology, properly set-up controller).  I personally prefer to not
> deal with that kind of product and I'd rather it didn't exist.
>
> It is such a disregard over quality that is slowly killing all
> good-quality goods.  ThinkPads included.  You will notice newer
> batteries from Lenovo are much crappier than the older ones...

And those !@#$%^ in Washington are going to flush billions of our
dollars right down the crapper trying to prove that electric cars are
of some or for that matter, /any value.
I have never had anything like satisfactory results from any
aftermarket laptop battery and I have had to buy several.

If anyone knows of a useable replacement thinkpad battery,
one with a !!!!  real !!! warranty, please post the source to this list.