[ltp] ThinkVantage Key

Jens Rutschmann linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 18 Jan 2009 21:53:17 +0100

Pezhman Givy wrote on 18.01.2009 00:46:
> I would like to use the ThinkVantage key.
> ThinkWiki says the action triggered by the key can be configured by gnome System -> Preferences -> Keyboard Shortcuts.
> But this does not work for me.
>
> xev doesn't see a key press when I press the ThinkVantage button.

That's because the ThinkVantage key has a default kernel keycode of > 255 which
X.org cannot handle. You may map another keycode to it using something like hal.

Please check the list archives for messages on this topic (they were posted
during last December, subject was "HAL and ThinkVantage").

Best regards,
Jens