[ltp] Replacing the backlight of the thinkpad LCD

cupaxe linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 18 Jan 2009 18:35:25 -0500

Hello Richard,

Yes, the display goes off in a matter of seconds rather than minutes.
Thanks for the link. I will try to be very careful. There are so many
options for CCFL for a T42p 15" on ebay. They all don't mention
anything but that they are compatible with the T42p and are for
theWXGA displays. Mine is a 1600x1200 display which I think is a WXGA.
So I ordered one CCFL randomly chosen from one of the sellers with
good rating. I hope things work out well. In case you or anyone has a
better idea of these issues, here is the link to exact CCFL I bought-

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150320923226&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fshop.ebay.com%3A80%2F%3F_from%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dm38.l1313%26_nkw%3D%2B150320923226%26_sacat%3DSee-All-Categories%26_fvi%3D1

Thanks,
Krishna