[ltp] Re: [OT] degrees, ordinals...

Stefan Monnier linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 17 Jan 2009 21:39:43 -0500

>> Degree would be this one: 10°C
> And to continue on OT, how does one do the degree symbol using us-intl?

The way I do it:

1 - xmodmap one of the unused modifier keys (in my case the right Alt
    key) to Multi_key (which is not a modifier).
2 - Multi_key o o

Step 1 is only done once, of course.  The good thing about it is that it
provides a host of other fairly intuitive combinations.  I end up using
this Multi_key (which I tend to call "compose key") for typing accents,
even when I writing in French or Spanish.

Also it has the advantage of working for any keyboard (tho the
combinations available with that Multi_key depend on the locale).

        Stefan