[ltp] Re: battery questions

green linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 22 Jan 2009 13:57:19 -0700

--P+33d92oIH25kiaB

On Tue, 2009-01-20, 020, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> And do keep in mind that if you're dealing with anything smaller than a
> MAJOR battery pack manufacturer that does contract work to HP, Dell, Leno=
vo,
> LG or others like them and sells packs on the side for the aftermarket,
> you'll just be getting cells bought from the gray and black market, cobbl=
ed
> up together in a pack that is only good enough to work.
>=20
> AFAIK there isn't a reputable third-party battery pack manufacturer that
> would track cells, battery packs, and offer recalls.  We would have heard
> from them during the last Li-ION cell mess, and there wasn't a single pee=
p.
> But I'd be willing to be proven wrong here.

I sure would like to find out about some reputable supplier because I am ti=
red=20
of hearing about battery problems.  I have not bought a replacement for my =
T61=20
yet but I have had problems with other (smaller) Lithium Ion batteries and=
=20
would rather not have to deal with that with a ThinkPad battery.

I suppose at this point I will plan on purchasing replacement batteries fro=
m=20
Lenovo.  Can that be considered 'safe'?

--P+33d92oIH25kiaB

--P+33d92oIH25kiaB--