[ltp] Re: [ibm-acpi-devel] cannot resume after hotplugging an ultrabay battery in T61p

Sat, 24 Jan 2009 10:31:46 -0200

On Wed, 21 Jan 2009, Marc MERLIN wrote:
> I realize this is a corner case, I've only hit it a few times since I
> typically do not use my ultrabay battery, but I can reproduce this with
> multiple kernels (up to 2.6.28):

It would be nice to know which kernel does NOT show the problem, even if it
is somewhat old.

> I boot the laptop with a DVD drive, work.
> My main battery gets low, I hotswap the DVD out and put an ultrabay
> battery in.
> Hotplug works fine, the new battery even shows up as battery #2 in
> 'acpi', the command line tool.
>
> If I remove the ultrabay battery after hotswapping the main battery,
> things work ok after that.
> If I leave the ultrabay battery and suspend the laptop, on resume I get
> text mode and blinking cursor and nothing after that, the laptop is just
> dead.

What is the kernel configuration you're using, please?

> Can you reproduce and possibly fix?

I can't seem to reproduce it on my T43.

> (it's hard for me to give debug since the laptop is dead on resume)

Usually you can get it to output data to the serial port (serial console) or
a network console, but that requires another computer to which you can send
the data to see it.

  Henrique Holschuh