[ltp] T60p random hangs (ACPI?)

Tue, 27 Jan 2009 14:06:55 +0000

Damien Challet wrote:
> On Monday 26 January 2009 23.03:24 Richard Neill wrote:
>> Dear All,
>>
>> Has anyone seen weird symptoms similar to the following:
>>
>> My T60p generally works fine, but after a few hours of use (usually
>> between 10-30 of uptime), it locks hard, requiring a power-off-reset.
>
> does this happen with wifi enabled and routers with the N standard within
> reach? If so, this comes from a bug of the wifi drivers.

I have seen it with wifi on, though it also happens even with the
kill-switch set to disable wifi. I'd like to take a look at that bug
report though - where can I find it?

Also, how would this account for the "sulking" behaviour, i.e. the
machine refusing to boot again for about an hour after the crash?
While the machine is misbehaving:
    - grub works
    - memtest works
    - Linux works, but only with acpi=off
    - Linux (normal)  won't boot.
    - XP won't boot.
I wait about an hour, and it's happy again.

Richard