[ltp] T61 hinge is loose

Tue, 27 Jan 2009 19:46:06 +0200

--ReaqsoxgOBHFXBhH

On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 03:55:53PM +0100, Markus Grunwald wrote:
> after a good year of using my T61, the hinge of its LCD panel is quite
> loose: I can wiggle the LCD by about 5mm to 1cm at its top side.

I could do that right from the beginning, when my T61 was brand new.

On the upside, the mass of the panel is large enough so it never
wiggles by itself.  Also, the hinges are quite stiff (the wriggling part
seems to be at the point where the hinge is attached to the main body,
not the part where the hinge is attached to the panel), which keeps the
LCD at the same angle.

IOW if I don't do the wiggling, I don't notice I can do it.

> Has anyone of you made the same experience? I thought an IBM "business"
> Thinkpad with this proud price wouldn't have this problem... I think I
> handled it very carefully, too...

T61 is a Lenovo product.

Marius Gedminas
--=20
Premature optimization is the root of all evil.
                -- D.E. Knuth

--ReaqsoxgOBHFXBhH

--ReaqsoxgOBHFXBhH--