[ltp] R61 power management

Dan Maranville linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 27 Jan 2009 22:07:58 -0500

> Does anyone know of instructions on how to get suspend and hibernate working
> in ubuntu on an R61 thinkpad?

I have(had) Ubuntu 7.10/8.04/8.10 with suspend and resume working
without issues for about a year now with each subsequent release.
Even now I have the Jaunty kernel installed on 8.10 and it still works
fine. I think 7.10 was the hibernate or suspend wouldn't re-initiate
the screen and you had to switch to the virtual console.  But with
newer releases I had no issues at all, "out of the box" support so to
speak.

What is your system type and what version of Ubuntu are you trying?
(ex. Mine is a 7732-19u, with Xubuntu 8.10)

Also, http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/ThinkWiki is a great place also.

--
Dan Maranville