[ltp] T61 hinge is loose

Wed, 28 Jan 2009 16:08:12 +0200

--n8g4imXOkfNTN/H1

On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 05:24:46PM +0100, Jens Rutschmann wrote:
> Markus Grunwald schrieb am 27.01.2009 15:55:
>> Hello,
>>
>> after a good year of using my T61, the hinge of its LCD panel is quite
>> loose: I can wiggle the LCD by about 5mm to 1cm at its top side.
>
> Same problem here with my T61. I can wiggle it even more (1,5 cm) at the =
top.
> This is pretty annoying when using the laptop in train etc.
>
> Closing or opening the display completly is pretty hard compared to that:=
=20
> I need two hands to open the display, pressing the laptop down with one=
=20
> hand while opening it with the other one. If I used only one hand I would=
=20
> simply lift the complete machine.
>
> Is that normal?

I think so; this exactly describes my experience I had with my T61 since
I bought it (brand-new) more than a year ago.

Marius Gedminas
--=20
If your company is not involved in something called "ISO 9000" you probably
have no idea what it is.  If your company _is_ involved in ISO 9000 then you
definitely have no idea what it is.
                                (Scott Adams - The Dilbert principle)

--n8g4imXOkfNTN/H1

--n8g4imXOkfNTN/H1--