[ltp] RFC : a hotkey, backlight, and bluetooth driver for SL series thinkpads

Alexandre Rostovtsev linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 28 Jan 2009 12:14:31 -0500

On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 11:32 AM, Nicolai Spohrer <nicolai@xeve.de> wrote:
> I tested your driver - it works well :)

Great! I am happy to hear it works not only on my machine :)

> Dimming works much better; though it looks like the driver
> "skips" some brightness levels (I can change between 8 levels, but they
> don't have the same space on the "brightness-bar" Gnome shows.

Very interesting. Could you please tell me:
* the version of your kernel, hal, and your xorg driver
* what SL model you have (300/400/500)
* intel or nvidia graphics
* BIOS version (if you know)
* are you using a custom DSDT table
* are you using the kernel's ACPI video driver (video.ko,
CONFIG_ACPI_VIDEO), and if yes, did you apply any patches to that
driver
* the contents of /sys/class/backlight
* the output of
cat /sys/class/backlight/thinkpad_screen/max_brightness
* the output of
lshal | grep system.hardware | grep -vE 'serial|uuid'

-Alexandre