[ltp] WWAN ward is active 100% of the time

Christoph Bier linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 29 Jan 2009 12:32:44 +0100

Hello,

since I installed kernel 2.6.27-10 from intrepid-proposed (Ubuntu
8.10) from source with the hdaps patch powertop says:

A USB device is active 100,0% of the time:
USB device  8-4 : Ericsson F3507g Mobile Broadband Minicard
Composite Device (Ericsson)

There are now about 400 wakeups per second! With the Intrepid
standard kernel there are about 120 wakeups per second and powertop
doesn't claim the Ericsson WWAN ward---I used the .config file of
the standard kernel to configure the new kernel. But the standard
kernel also has this bug: https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/286285. So
I have to use 2.6.27-10.

I don't know what's going wrong here and I'd like to file a bug
against this kernel. Would this be appropriate? What kind of further
information should I supply?

BTW:
cat /sys/bus/usb/devices/8-4/power/level
auto
cat /sys/bus/usb/devices/8-4/power/autosuspend
1

Best
Christoph
--