[ltp] suspend works with i915 module, but without, it fails!

Christoph Lechleitner linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 30 Jan 2009 10:41:35 +0100

> do you think you could give some information on the changes in those
> modules?

You might want to use http://packages.ubuntu.com where you can search
and finally browse packages, changelogs and so on.

> Or even simpler:
> I don't have any clue about ubuntu and where to get which packages, but
> do you know the ftp sites where I could download the source-rpms for the
> original intrepid kernel and the proposed one?

There are no rpms for Debian based disros like Ubuntu, they use .deb
packages and tools like apt-get, aptitude, dselect, dpkg, ...

> What I cannot use however is this ubuntu specific package loading system
> because it is different from the one used on suse.

You'll have to ;-))

.deb is the best part of Debian based distros, therefore Ubuntu will
never switch to that rpm crap. You'll rather see rpm creator RedHat
switch to .deb ;->>

But, all major .deb tools should be available for .rpm systems (like
there are rpm tools for .deb systems).
And there are also several package conversion tools, e.g. alien.

Regards, Christoph