[ltp] suspend works with i915 module, but without, it fails!

Volker Krüger linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 30 Jan 2009 13:38:08 +0100

axp wrote:
> Volker Krueger wrote:
>
>> Hi Ferdinand,
>>
>> I just had an email exchange with one of the guys from suse who work on
>> the suse kernel and asked them about updating the i915 module (see your
>> comment below).
>>
>> They seemed a bit lost and asked if I could give them more information
>> on the update ubuntu did to this kernel.
>>

> First of all: I was Terribly wrong
>
> I did update my system and i915 Interrupts went down, but not due the
> fact of the new kernel, but due the fact of having the NoDRI Option
> still in my xorg.conf.
> So the SuSE folks are right, i also didn't find any patch/fix/whatever
> to make this go away!
>
> Sorry for the wrong Information

Hi Ferdinand,

but then I have another question: does your laptop wake up from standby
when you have the NoDRI option set?
Mine does not manage to come back again. Instead it gets stuck at a
point where I can see the mouse pointer on the screen but from where on
nothing happens anymore....

You apparently do not have that problem?

thanks in advance,
best,
Volker

--