[ltp] How to catch close lid event?

Daniel Castro linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 30 Jan 2009 16:38:56 +0000

--000e0cd2457a4f3cae0461b5d76d

2009/1/30 Richard Neill <rn214@hermes.cam.ac.uk>

> Daniel Castro wrote:
>
>> Hello!
>>
>> Anyone knows how can I catch the lid close and open events?
>>
>> I have a T61 (widescreen), running Ubuntu 8.10. I would like to run some
>> scripts whenever I close and open the lid.
>>

> May I suggest that you trap Fn-F4 instead? I find there are times when I
> want to close the lid without anything happening, eg if I leave it playing
> music, or if on an ext. monitor, or sometimes I want to carry it a short
> distance without suspending and losing network connections.

maybe i didn't made myself clear. right now the only thing that happens when
i close the lid is that the screen turns off (this might be hardware i don't
know...) but what i want to do is to run a little script that will for
example pause my music, change my IM status to say "blah blah..." sort of
thing.... with out loosing network, etc... am at work and i move all over
the building.

> Regards,
>
> Richard
>

> --

________________________

Daniel Castro, M.Sc.
+353 083-318-2058
dancasmo@gmail.com
castromd@tcd.ie
________________________

--000e0cd2457a4f3cae0461b5d76d

">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:rn214@hermes.cam.ac.uk">rn214@hermes.cam.ac.uk</a>&=
gt;</span><br><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"border-left: 1px s=
olid rgb(204, 204, 204); margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; padding-left: 1ex;">
Daniel Castro wrote:<br>
204, 204); margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; padding-left: 1ex;">
Hello!<br>
Anyone knows how can I catch the lid close and open events?<br>
I have a T61 (widescreen), running Ubuntu 8.10. I would like to run some sc=
ripts whenever I close and open the lid.<br>
May I suggest that you trap Fn-F4 instead? I find there are times when I wa=
nt to close the lid without anything happening, eg if I leave it playing mu=
sic, or if on an ext. monitor, or sometimes I want to carry it a short dist=
ance without suspending and losing network connections.</blockquote>
ppens when i close the lid is that the screen turns off (this might be hard=
ware i don&#39;t know...) but what i want to do is to run a little script t=
hat will for example pause my music, change my IM status to say &quot;blah =
blah...&quot; sort of thing.... with out loosing network, etc... am at work=
 and i move all over the building. <br>
(204, 204, 204); margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; padding-left: 1ex;"><br>
Regards,<br><font color=3D"#888888">
-- <br>
The linux-thinkpad mailing list home page is at:<br>