[ltp] Re: cannot resume after hotplugging an ultrabay battery in T61p

Marc MERLIN linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 30 Jan 2009 10:58:56 -0800

Hi,

Thanks for your reply and sorry for the delay, for some reason I never got
your reply by Cc or the linux-thinkpad list, but found it in the ibm-acpi-devel
web archive.

Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Jan 2009, Marc MERLIN wrote:
> > I realize this is a corner case, I've only hit it a few times since I
> > typically do not use my ultrabay battery, but I can reproduce this with
> > multiple kernels (up to 2.6.28):
>
> It would be nice to know which kernel does NOT show the problem, even if it
> is somewhat old.

I'm pretty sure I could do that with 2.6.22 or 2.6.24 but those did not
recognize the battery when I hotswapped it, although it did work.
If that old kernels help, I can do some test with those if you'd like
(also tell me what data to gather, if any).

http://marc.merlins.org/tmp/config

> > Can you reproduce and possibly fix?
>
> I can't seem to reproduce it on my T43.
>
> > (it's hard for me to give debug since the laptop is dead on resume)
>
> Usually you can get it to output data to the serial port (serial console) or
> a network console, but that requires another computer to which you can send
> the data to see it.

I take it that usb-serial won't work, but I think the docking station has
serial on it. I might be able to borrow one.
If I do and do serial console, would I get some output on that serial port
at resume time you think?

Marc
Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/