[ltp] 600X: Trackpoint pointer not working at all

Chris Schumann linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 31 Jan 2009 14:27:22 -0600

michael mclaughlin wrote:
> Fedora Core 6, kernel 2.6.18 installed on a IBM Thinkpad 600X.
> The TrackPoint pointer (the red button in the middle of the keyboard) and the associated selection buttons are not enabled.
> NOTE: This model does not have a touch pad, just click-buttons and trackpoint pointer.
> A normal PS/2 plugged in at the back of the computer works OK.
> My /etc/X11/xorg.conf has no mention of the Trackpoint pointer, or of any mouse...

Michael,

I use Fedora on a 600X and the TrackPoint has always worked flawlessly.
However, I never use an external mouse. (Why would one, if he had a
TrackPoint?)

In any case, I would try restarting the machine with no mouse. Failing
that, go into EZSetup and set the TrackPoint to Enabled (versus
Auto-disable which will DISABLE the TrackPoint if a mouse is connected).
Failing that, I'd reinstall with no mouse present.

Best,
Chris