[ltp] Trackpointspeed- and sensitivity after suspend wakeup

Kai Wolf linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 04 Jul 2009 19:44:15 +0200

Hello,

for adjusting the speed of my thinkpads trackpoint and -speed, I put
following two lines into /etc/rc.local:

echo -n 240 > /sys/devices/platform/i8042/serio1/serio2/speed
echo -n 240 > /sys/devices/platform/i8042/serio1/serio2/sensitivity

My Problem is that after waking up from suspend-mode the trackpoint is
very slow again.
I tried to fix that with executing the two lines above but found out
that the files move somehow (after suspend) to /serio(n+1). So after the
second suspend-wakeup they're at /serio3, after another at /serio4 and
so on.
Can anybody explain me this behaviour and give a proper solution for
that?

Thanks in advance.

--kai

[Ubuntu 9.04, Thinkpad T61]