[ltp] What are people using for Dock/Undocking scripts for their X60/61's?

cyberdude linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 6 Jul 2009 11:10:39 -0700 (PDT)

Henrique de Moraes Holschuh-2 wrote:
>=20
> On Sat, 07 Mar 2009, Karsten K=C3=B6nig wrote:
>> Windows blinks the dock led until it is safe to remove, no idea if that
>> is=20
>> currently possible with linux (accessing these leds that is)
>=20
> I suppose I could try to add the required functionality in
> thinkpad-acpi, as long as the firmware sends events about it.
>=20
> No promises about doing it anytime soon, but please describe to me in
> *DETAIL* what happens when you dock and undock.  Oh, and also for bay
> eject.
>=20
> I know how the bay behaves in the T43 (and Windows doesn't blink the
> bay led), but I never owned a dock...
>=20
> --=20
>   "One disk to rule them all, One disk to find them. One disk to bring
>   them all and in the darkness grind them. In the Land of Redmond
>   where the shadows lie." -- The Silicon Valley Tarot
>   Henrique Holschuh
> --=20
>=20
>=20
Any update on this? I'm battling with getting the undocking to work on my
installation. I would have thought that by now docking / undocking of
laptops would have been sorted. Laptops and docks have been around long
enough. i tried the solution provided in the thinkwiki
(http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/X6_UltraBase) but it's not working for me.
=20

-----
Thinkpad X60s, openSUSE 11.1, KDE 4.2.4
--=20
sing-for-Dock-Undocking-scripts-for-their-X60-61%27s--tp22352896p24360281.h=
tml
Sent from the Linux Thinkpad mailing list archive at Nabble.com.