[ltp] What are people using for Dock/Undocking scripts for their X60/61's?

Tue, 7 Jul 2009 11:55:08 -0300

On Mon, 06 Jul 2009, cyberdude wrote:
> Any update on this? I'm battling with getting the undocking to work on my

Update on what?  blinking the dock leds?  I never got the information I
requested...

> installation. I would have thought that by now docking / undocking of
> laptops would have been sorted. Laptops and docks have been around long
> enough. i tried the solution provided in the thinkwiki
> (http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/X6_UltraBase) but it's not working for me.

Heh, hotunplug of device trees done properly has NOT been around a long time
in Linux :-(  Just like resume from suspend to disk done properly still
doesn't exist (init the ACPI firmware twice?  No wonder it croaks on so many
systems...)

It should work with a very NEW kernel (certainly no older than 2.6.27) if
userspace doesn't screw up.  Basically, you need to umount any storage that
is in the dock and inside devices in the dock, then tell the notebook to
eject the dock writing "1" to the correct node in
/sys/bus/platform/devices/dock.*/undock

  Henrique Holschuh