[ltp] What are people using for Dock/Undocking scripts for their X60/61's?

Steven King linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 7 Jul 2009 14:31:45 -0700

On Tuesday 07 July 2009 09:38:43 Theodore Tso wrote:

> This mostly works for me (if you're using LVM you need you use
> vgchange -an to tell LVM to let go of the physical device; it's not
> enough to unmount any filesystems stored on the Ultrabay device);
> however after docking or undocking, suspend-to-ram is broken.  The
> laptop will suspend, but upon resume it will hang and not come back to
> life.

With my X61 tablet and x6 ultrabase, as long as I leave the ultrabay empty I'm
able to dock/undock, suspend/hibernate/resume without any problems.  For a
while I thought I could suspend to disk after undocking with a drive in the
ultrabay, but that doesnt work anymore...

> Annoying, and since the failure is on the resume side, it's darned
> hard to debug.

Indeed.
--
Steven King -- sfking at fdwdc dot com