[ltp] ACPI and /proc/acpi/ibm/beep

kionez linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 08 Jul 2009 15:03:25 +0200

#include <Henrique de Moraes Holschuh.h>   // created 08/07/2009 14:40
> On Wed, 08 Jul 2009, kionez wrote:
>> #include <Henrique de Moraes Holschuh.h>   // created 06/07/2009 16:41

> I think you either have an option in the BIOS set so that the thinkpad
> is supposed to be silent, or it is something wrong in the HDA mixer.

well, the BIOS config is the same that sounds with 2.6.29..
so, it should be the HDA mixer, or better, it should be the alsa driver
included in 2.6.30.. I'll try to find something ASAP :)

> The DSDT *has* BEEP support, and it *USES* it.  Tell me, does the
> thinkpad go "beep" when it enters and exits sleep-to-RAM?

I'll try this evening, now I'm at work and I can't suspend it (I have to
configure it.. ;) )

thanx!

k.