[ltp] Battery draining ove 16W cause battery death in 1 or 2 month

Timothy Murphy linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 11 Jul 2009 18:30:43 +0100

On Saturday 11 July 2009 14:58:16 Michael Gaber wrote:

> i made the experience that using tp_smapi with start_charge_thresh = 30
> and stop_charge_thresh = 70 kept my battery REALLY well

Apologies for asking what has probably been dealt with many times,
but what exactly is the status of tp_smapi ?
I understood the tp_smapi facilities were going to be available
in kernel 2.6.29, which I am running (under Fedora-11).

Incidentally, is there a Fedora RPM for tp_smapi ?
I saw mention of this, but the links did not seem valid any more.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net