[ltp] Recommendation for new disk drive

Joerg Bruehe linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 17 Jul 2009 15:11:48 +0200

Dear readers,

I need to get a bigger disk for my R51 (parallel connection).

Currently, it is a 60 GB drive (Samsung), so I want to go to the 100 -
160 GB range.

ThinkWiki recommends "Seagate Momentus" which my preferred local dealer
doesn't carry; he stocks Samsung and Western Digital, recommends the latt=
er.
Price is not the issue, we talk about 55 - 65 EUR (160 GB, 5400 rpm).

My questions:

1) Is the recommendation of Seagate Momentus still valid, or have things
changed? (Thinkwiki lists neither a date nor reasons.)

2) What are the advantages of the Seagate over other disks?

3) Any other hints?

Thanks for all info,
J=F6rg

--=20
Joerg Bruehe  - persoenliche Aeusserung / speaking only for himself
mailto:joerg.bruehe@web.de