[ltp] Re: Dual monitor with Intel GM965

Stefan Monnier linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 21 Jul 2009 12:54:39 -0400

> I've got an x61s and I'm planning to buy a LCD screen for sharing it with
> this laptop and another machine.  I'm intrigued about what resolutions the
> 965 chipset can manage.  I've been googling but still I'm not sure.

Most graphics cards of ten years ago had no trouble with 1600x1200, so
you can be pretty sure that today's graphics cards will have no trouble
driving a pair of 1680x1050 monitors.  Most limitations nowadays in this
area come from the digital connections (e.g. a single DVI link is
limited to something like 1920x1200x60Hz, IIUC).

E.g. both my Thinkpad X30 and my MSI Wind (netbook) can happily drive an
external 1600x1200 screen.

        Stefan