[ltp] X200T stylus funkiness after resume from suspend if it's been rotated

John Sullivan linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 23 Jul 2009 01:03:50 -0400

I'm running a current Debian unstable on an X200T. I rotate the screen
to portrait like this:

#!/bin/bash

xrandr -o right
xsetwacom set "Wacom Serial Tablet PC Pen Tablet/Digitizer" rotate 1

This works great (though obviously it would be better if I didn't have
to do the second step).

But then, if I unrotate with:

#!/bin/bash

xrandr -o normal
xsetwacom set "Wacom Serial Tablet PC Pen Tablet/Digitizer" rotate 0

and suspend the laptop, and resume, the mouse cursor does not follow the
stylus. Instead, it gets farther away from the stylus the closer I get
to the right edge of the screen. At the left edge, it's nearly in the
correct place, but the distance between the two grows as I move to the
right. By the time the stylus gets just past the center of the screen,
the cursor is already all the way off the right edge.

Any suggestions for what component should have the bug filed against it?
Also, suggestions for a workaround? I played a little with xsetwacom,
but once it gets in this state, none of the rotation options seem to
help. xinput doesn't seem to be much help, as it shows only one property
for the device and that's whether it's enabled or not.

It does seem to be an X issue -- if I restart X after resuming,
everything is back to normal again.

Thanks,
--
-John Sullivan