[ltp] gentoo

Tim Tebbit linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 25 Jul 2009 17:11:33 +0000

I just saw the previous post and it got me thinking about gentoo again.
  I currently run Debian Sid, which is great.  But I did enjoy building
gentoo once before.  I believe I still missed out on most or a lot of
the benefits gentoo could provide because I didn't and still really
don't know enough about my T-61 to have optional builds.  Finally
finding this list and simply lurking to tuck problems or tricks away for
later use I suspect there must me a few other 61 owners out there that
run gentoo and I was wondering what guidance or hints you might have for
me should I give a gentoo build another shot. I left my notebook at work
with all my notes from the last install so I can't list what I had went
with.  I know using the generic kernel was a pretty big waste but that
was also my first kernel build and I was happy enough that succeeded.  I
pretty much followed the handbook word for word and ended up with a
fairly generic system I believe.  So, anymore of us out there? And what
tips can you pass for optimal configuration options for the T61?