[ltp] acpi volume has no effect on x61s

Amit Ramon linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 29 Jul 2009 10:35:41 +0300

--===============6055748258107222687==

Hello,

I have a x61s thinkpad running Debian squeeze (the testing
version). I'm trying to control the sound volume by echoing different
commands into /proc/acpi/ibm/volume, but this doesn't have any effect
at all. I can cat /proc/acpi/ibm/volume, and see that the commands
does change the values stored there, but the sound volume is not
changed. Even if I echo "mute" into it, and it shows that mute is
enabled, the sound is still heard.

Just some examples:

echo mute > /proc/acpi/ibm/volume

echo up > /proc/acpi/ibm/volume

echo level 10 > /proc/acpi/ibm/volume

All these commands do alter the content of /proc/acpi/ibm/volume in
the expected way, but the sound is not affected.

I can change the volume using alsamixer, for example.

Any ideas about that?

Thanks,

Amit

--===============6055748258107222687==

<head>
</head>
version). I'm trying to control the sound volume by echoing different
commands into /proc/acpi/ibm/volume, but this doesn't have any effect
at all. I can cat /proc/acpi/ibm/volume, and see that the commands
does change the values stored there, but the sound volume is not
changed. Even if I echo &quot;mute&quot; into it, and it shows that mute is
enabled, the sound is still heard.</p>
the expected way, but the sound is not affected.</p>

--===============6055748258107222687==--