[ltp] bluetooth woes

Damjan linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 29 Jul 2009 21:17:06 +0200

> i'm running debian testing on a T61. i don't use bluetooth often and i
> didn't realise until now that it wasn't working anymore. it used to work
> fine - i'm running kernel 2.6.29.4 which i build myself. i know there
> were some  module changes around the broadcom/bluetooth/usb stuff. i
> just rebuilt my kernel adding some more bt modules from the bluetooth
> drivers - no luck.
>
> the bluetooth light comes on correctly and all is seemingly fine...
> however:
>
> hciconfig -a
> hci0:   Type: USB
>         BD Address: 00:00:00:00:00:00 ACL MTU: 0:0 SCO MTU: 0:0
>         DOWN
>         RX bytes:0 acl:0 sco:0 events:0 errors:0
>         TX bytes:0 acl:0 sco:0 commands:0 errors:0

sicne the hci0 device is there, you don't miss any modules, but you can
see from the above output that it's DOWN .. that means the bluetoothd
daemon is not running (it was called hcid before I think).

Depending on the version of bluez you have installed, it either starts
form init.d scripts, or the recent versions start automatically from
udev rules.

--
damjan | дамјан
This is my jabber ID -->         damjan@bagra.net.mk